Total Pageviews

Thursday, April 3, 2014


Well so far we have the house in order. Freezer biscuits are done and now packaged. Dinner will be a simple meal of turkey chopped up and put into a homemade gravy served over biscuits some vegs and jello for dessert. 
Thought I would show y'all how I save my left over wax to make new candles. I have a old bread box and inside it is baggies as I get candle pieces I just place in the color bag. When I am ready to use I just pull the bag and use replace bag to be filled again. All tabs are saved and placed in a small green cabinet along side of all coke bottle tabs! Wicks I buy in bulk to cut more cost! I also use my strings from feed bags to make wicks just braid them and use as you do store bought! ;0) 
For the budget person I am this is what we do when someone gives us onions that right now we can't use!! I slice them and dehydrate them!! Once they are done we can either blend them up to make onion powder or just leave them to add to soups etc!! And cost was just time and the electric to run the appliance! 



2 comments:

  1. I love the Idea of drying the Onions :) can you post sometime a photo of what they look like after dried ? I want to dry some over the weekend ! I just love your Blog :) It is my favorite !

    ReplyDelete
  2. Tess as soon as they are done I will post pictures. It saves space and also save money!! Plus it is a great way to make onion powder!!

    ReplyDelete